Loyal customers are happy customers. They have an emotional connection to your brand and are eager to share their positive experiences with others. They also contribute more to your bottom line: they spend more and it costs five times as much to attract a new customer than to keep an existing one.
Customer loyalty is a huge determination of a business’s success, and the key to improving loyalty is to hone in on the customer experience and make every interaction count.
Businesses in every industry have realized that they’re no longer just a product and/or services company — they’re a customer experience company. According to Salesforce, 88% of customers now consider the experience a company provides to be as important as its products and services.
It’s no surprise that companies are increasing their CX tech spend … which makes you think CX satisfaction rates should also go up, right? Wrong. The number of consumers who said companies they do business with need to improve the customer experience nearly doubled from 2019 to 2023.
Technology can be powerful. It can also lead to our demise. When it comes to customer experience, as we embrace new technologies, we can’t leave behind a critical component of CX: human connection.
Enter: Guided CX.
Guided CX combines the capabilities of technology with the power of genuine human connection. By allowing agents to join customers in digital experiences, you can:
- recreate in-person experiences online,
- reduce online frustration and abandonment, and
- transform a frustrating “digital DIY” experience into a collaborative “let’s do it together” experience.
Let’s take a look at some digital interactions that can be enhanced by Guided CX.
With Guided CX, you can give customers personal sales and transactional support when they need it most:
- Guided software demonstrations
- Assisted website/portal navigation
- Guided advisory sessions
- Guided form-fit portal creation
- “Shop together” – virtually
There are key moments that can make or break the customer experience and significantly impact customer loyalty. Guided CX can improve adoption and use during training, onboarding, and while handling technical issues:
- Software/hardware training
- New account / portal onboarding
- Tech support/issue resolution
- New or seldom-used features
- Software/hardware support
When it comes to advising and consultation, technology can not replace a human. Leveraging Guided CX can support customers as they learn new features or products or engage in consultative/advisory sales. Examples of instances of advising and consultation where Guided CX can make an impact include:
- Ongoing advisory relationships
- Add-on services
- New feature introductions
- Customer success sessions
- Guided upsell/cross-sell
In all of these interactions, the key is to build the relationships necessary to keep your customers engaged and coming back. And through our Guided CX solutions, Glance’s customers have been able to do just that.
Visual engagement solutions like cobrowse, screenshare, and video can profoundly improve the customer experience. Here’s a look at some of the measurable improvements in key CX metrics Glance customers have achieved after leveraging our Guided CX technology.
Having one-on-one, personal guidance helps customers feel supported. This increases trust — a key component in loyalty — and has helped Glance customers achieve:
- 60% reduction in sales cycle time
- 66% increase in demos delivered
- 40% better lead conversion rate
- 13-point increase in CSAT
Human connection deepens customer relationships and can make for a better experience for both customers and employees. Some of the improvements Glance customers report include:
- 10% boost to first contact resolution (FCR)
- 18-point increase in Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- 20% higher CSAT for interactions with Glance compared to interactions without Glance
- 20% reduction in average handling time (AHR)
Advising and consultation can lead to higher lifetime customer loyalty and revenue and reduced customer churn. But some brands aren’t translating this high-value service to the digital space. Glance customers who leverage our Guided CX solutions to support these interactions have achieved:
- 96% satisfaction rating
- $18M new revenue from existing customers
- Increases in upsell and cross-sell revenue
- Boosts in customer retention
It’s time to add the human touch to online customer experiences. Bringing human CX to your digital spaces can deepen the customer relationship and generate loyalty. Watch the webinar with Glance’s own Jill Newberg, Vice President, Product Marketing, and Ron Scott, Sr. Product Manager, to learn more.